Friday, November 5, 2010

Update


For a quick pox update: my son resembles a bag of red hots! Besides the obvious annoyingness of this childhood disease, it’s the first time I have seen him, well for not finding a better word, deformed, the poor guy just breaks my heart and makes me laugh at the same time. Between the itchy sensation while having to wear jammies and pox bursting we all had a very sleepless night. Its got to be hard on the little guy, who would have ever thought just laying in bed would be so painful and uncomfortable. Knock on wood that tonight will be better than the last, as I am rather exhausted and I have a big day tomorrow.

I have yet to figure out if my disease of being anal retentively clean and organized when people come to my house is genetically inherited or if it is an influenced learned behavior. In either case my Mom should be very proud, since she is the one who passed along this trait to me. Since the moment I left my parents house, I have been “aware” the state my dwelling is in when people come for a visit. Little did I ever imagine I would be this way. I think at times my husband must wonder if I have gone off the deep end, as he is rather opposite of me in this subject. He tells me “Who cares? Whoever isn’t going to notice.”, and I think to myself, I care and why don’t you care and how could someone not notice whatever it is (except him maybe). Tomorrow is like spring cleaning, the house and then some will be will be scrubbed from top to bottom. Here is my checklist:
  • Vacuum
  • Clean the tile and wood floors
  • Dust (including the hanging light fixtures…ugg)
  • Clean the mirrors (in the entire house)
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Wipe down the WC door and Fridge door
  • Organize our bar (and not the bottles…unfortunately)
  • Some loads of laundry
  • Clean the car (inside and out if I will ever get it back from the shop)
  • Makeup the guest room bed
  • Pick up the randomly scattered toys throughout the entire house
  • Find a place for any objects that don’t need to be seen by others!

Well, wish me luck, do you think it is thorough enough?

PS Most likely won’t be blogging for the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment