Friday, October 8, 2010

Lost Time?


I am finally starting to get this blog thing down; well at least I am feeling slightly more knowledgeable about it than a couple of weeks ago. This week I have had a lot more time on my hands than usual, I only spent one full day with my son and that not even at home. It being my first taste of what a working Mom feels like (rushed kisses in the morning, dinner, baths and a very short playtime together). This week was an exceptional one, but none the less a long one for me. I have many projects around the house (yard work, painting all the bedroom doors, etc), but doesn’t seem like I got anything done. With all this time, I don’t know what to do, I am lost. I am so used to being in the rhythm of daily stuff with my to do list with at least 8 things on it that when I don’t have a 3 feet tall little guy under my feet or following me around, I seem to linger for hours doing really nothing at all. I am convinced this is my subconscious giving me some well-deserved personal down time or just pure laziness. Doesn’t matter though, today I am going to get stuff done, or at least head to party store to get the accessories for my son’s Halloween costume, try to find a craft store (if only Micheal’s could come to France) that has a 6 inch styrofoam ball.  So today will not be a complete loss of time I hope. I received my Halloween care package this week from my family in the US, nothing better (except if it would have had candy in it).  Lots of Halloweeny things inside, this weekend my son and I will make up for lost time with the pumpkin and haunted house craft kits. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment