Monday, October 11, 2010

Sweet and Sour


It is Monday and the start of a new week, which I am hoping is going to be more efficient and productive than the last one. The later ended on a sour note, maybe even worse than sour. It was a day of fried patience and serious questioning of karma. It all started on Friday, the daycare called me because my son had a 103°F temperature. So off I went to get him and then to the doctor to confirm my suspicions of an ear infection. Antibiotics for 10 days, business as usual since they always seem to occur on Friday or Saturday, great fun for the weekend. But this time he was prescribed cortisone, for all those parents out there who have ever given their kids cortisone you know what I am talking about, this is the anti-sleep drug of all time. So by Sunday he was lacking 3 days of naps, which is probably more important than eating if I was required to make a list. Between all of our fatigue Mommy had no patience and neither did the little man. What else then can you expect than a winey, can’t remember what listening is, don’t know what they want to do, master of the time outs. Plus the joys of antibiotics not only kill the infection but clean the bowels as well. I will say diarrhea and diapers not a good combo, got to be one of the most disgusting things without exception. Enough said!

We were able to take a break from our amounting chaos a few hours on Saturday to go to a local Pumpkin Festival, plus it was the most beautiful Fall day ever nothing but short sleeves needed, a little shout out to a friend of mine, she’ll know what I mean. We were able to do the time old American tradition of picking out our jack-o-lantern to be. My son was so enthralled with all the funny shaped gourds and squashes. He is becoming an expert on saying pumpkin, only repeats it 100 times a day now. If only Halloween would get here, our house is ready. A French woman came up to me and asked about the large pumpkin which was sitting in my son’s stroller (it was a toss up on the weight of the pumpkin or my son who was gonna ride). She wanted to know if you could eat it. That was the first time someone asked me about eating a jack-o-lantern type pumpkin. I can’t imagine eating it, well besides the seeds of course. Can you imagine eating the typical carved pumpkin with the soot stains from the candle and the mold that seems to appear quicker than on bread. You just don’t eat it! I simply told her I didn’t know, didn’t want to get into a long explanation on why you shouldn’t eat them, even if they are edible since the French will eat anything that is. 







1 comment:

  1. I hear ya sister, just ending 8 days of fever and diarrhea with Max. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete