Monday, September 27, 2010

Car Ride

Since I started this Mommy Blog I have yet to do the one thing these blogs were meant to be for and what most Mommy Bloggers are most proud of, relishing about just how great their kid(s) are. This past weekend we went to see friends with little boys just like mine which added extra excitement for my 2 ½ year old.  The car ride being about three and half hours, and not a straight freeway ride but lovely French country roads with a million roundabouts, beautiful quaint villages every 5 km (3 miles) or so with the speed limit going from 90 km/h (55 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph). So you get the story, windy, slow down, speed up and stopping too regularly. Recently I saw a Facebook friend explaining her ritual to get her kids into the car for a car ride, and a rather easy hour and half one which I have done quite a few times myself. She practically had to pack her house up so that she could be equipped for the journey, which is understandable with kids. But my point here is that my kid is got to be the best traveler ever especially on car rides! On our way there he just was happy to be in the car on his way there, no big deal to be strapped down in his car seat. We stopped only briefly 10 minutes or so to stretch and get a snack. No problem getting back in his seat, since I have seen kids once they are out are almost impossible to get them back in without have to sit on them to attach the buckle. His toy bag I packed, almost not worth it, he looked at a couple books and that was it. He just sits there like us, us being adults, looks out the window, chatting (even though my husband and I at times had no idea what he was talking about), and listening to music. It has got to be one of the cutest things ever listening to my little guy trying to sing along to Katy Perry who is on the radio. On the ride home he slept out of pure fatigue three quarters of the way and then watched a cartoon on his portable dvd player for the rest of the way. Not once did we stop and not once did he cry or get upset or even frustrated. Then, being the usual prepared but not always Mommy I am, snacks were rather limited which didn’t even seem to faze him. My husband and I are well aware of the chance we have to have an easy traveler but sometimes I just can’t get over it, he is just so easy going. I have no horror stories I hear some other parents talk about, it almost makes me laugh, which isn’t nice but I just can’t relate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment